The present review describes the role of different energy regimes throughout human history, as well as their corresponding environmental impacts. The appearance of Homo sapiens and the development of primitive human civilizations can be narrated by different energy regimes throughout the centuries. Getting the energy that humans needed for their needs affected directly the environment in many different ways. Some energy uses have a greater impact than others.
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2020. Discovery of CRISPR-Cas9 Genetic Scissors. A revolutionary genome editing technology that can cut any DNA molecule at a predetermined site
- Obesity, Smoking and Pandemic of COVID-19. Patients with obesity and smokers are linked with significant increases in morbidity and mortality from COVID-19
- Oxygen Sensing and Metabolism for Aerobic Multicellular Life. Hypoxia-inducible factors (HIF) as master regulators of Oxygen homeostasis
- Tap Drinking Water versus Bottled Water. Risk perceptions on safety and taste increased use of bottled drinking water that fit with the modern way of life
- Malaria, a Lethal Human Infectious Disease. Despite the progress, there were 228 million cases of malaria worldwide and 405,000 deaths in 2018