The present review describes the role of different energy regimes throughout human history, as well as their corresponding environmental impacts. The appearance of Homo sapiens and the development of primitive human civilizations can be narrated by different energy regimes throughout the centuries. Getting the energy that humans needed for their needs affected directly the environment in many different ways. Some energy uses have a greater impact than others.
- Neonicotinoid Insecticides. Banned by the European Union in 2018 after Scientific Studies Concluded that Harm Honey Bees
- Πράσινη Χημεία και Πράσινη Τεχνολογία. Από την θεωρία στην πράξη, για την προστασία του περιβάλλοντος και την αειφόρο ανάπτυξη
- Technological Challenges in Plastic Recycling. Can technological innnovation tackle the problem of plastic waste?
- Are certain types of cancer the result of random mutations “bad luck”? Or cancer risk is heavily influenced by environmental-lifestyle factors?
- Glyphosate, the Most Widely Used Herbicide. Health and safety issues. Why scientists differ in their evaluation of its adverse health effects