The present review describes the role of different energy regimes throughout human history, as well as their corresponding environmental impacts. The appearance of Homo sapiens and the development of primitive human civilizations can be narrated by different energy regimes throughout the centuries. Getting the energy that humans needed for their needs affected directly the environment in many different ways. Some energy uses have a greater impact than others.
- UN Framework Convention on Climate Change Conference, Glascow, November 2021. Global challengers for the agreed implementation of reductions of greenhouse gases
- Forest Wildfires and Biomass Burning as Contributors to Global Air Pollution. Influence of atmospheric air chemistry, hazardous levels of pollutants and infectious agents
- Challenges for Delivering Succesful Vaccines. Clinical safety, quality and effectiveness before a COVID-19 vaccine is granted regulatory approval
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2020. Discovery of CRISPR-Cas9 Genetic Scissors. A revolutionary genome editing technology that can cut any DNA molecule at a predetermined site
- Obesity, Smoking and Pandemic of COVID-19. Patients with obesity and smokers are linked with significant increases in morbidity and mortality from COVID-19