The present review describes the role of different energy regimes throughout human history, as well as their corresponding environmental impacts. The appearance of Homo sapiens and the development of primitive human civilizations can be narrated by different energy regimes throughout the centuries. Getting the energy that humans needed for their needs affected directly the environment in many different ways. Some energy uses have a greater impact than others.
- Tap Drinking Water versus Bottled Water. Risk perceptions on safety and taste increased use of bottled drinking water that fit with the modern way of life
- Malaria, a Lethal Human Infectious Disease. Despite the progress, there were 228 million cases of malaria worldwide and 405,000 deaths in 2018
- Recreational Coastal Bathing Waters in the European Union. EU safeguards to protect human health and the environment
- History of Vaccines and Immunization. Cornestone of public health for 200 years that saved millions of human lives
- Coronavirus Lockdown Have Lead to Dramatic Reductions of Emissions and Increased Air Quality in Major Cities