The present review describes the role of different energy regimes throughout human history, as well as their corresponding environmental impacts. The appearance of Homo sapiens and the development of primitive human civilizations can be narrated by different energy regimes throughout the centuries. Getting the energy that humans needed for their needs affected directly the environment in many different ways. Some energy uses have a greater impact than others.
- The COP26 UN Conference Promoted Climate to the Top of the Global Agenda. Opportunity for pivotal change in global climate policy to protect the long-term survival of humanity
- Global Biodiversity Crisis on Planet Earth. The variety of living things in the web of life is facing widespread extinction threats
- Risk Assessment and Toxicological Research for Microplastics and Nanoplastics. Adverse effects to marine organisms and potential harmful implications to human health
- Oxygen as a Trigger for the Evolutionary Innovations of Life on Earth. A widely evolutionary theory, 540 million years ago, leading to Cambrian explosion
- Electric Vehicle’s Batteries: Emerging Trends in Sustainability and Recycling. Substantial technological problems confronting researchers