The present review describes the role of different energy regimes throughout human history, as well as their corresponding environmental impacts. The appearance of Homo sapiens and the development of primitive human civilizations can be narrated by different energy regimes throughout the centuries. Getting the energy that humans needed for their needs affected directly the environment in many different ways. Some energy uses have a greater impact than others.
- The 12 Most Pressing Global Environmental Issues. Environmental problems humanity needs to resolve before 2050
- Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries and Risk Factors for Mortality and Disability of Adults. Lifestyle causes or modern civilization risk factors?
- Half of the World’s Cancer Deaths are Preventable. Reductions of lifestyle-modifiable risk factors: smoking, obesity-unhealhty diet, and drinking excess alcohol
- Current Geopolitical Implications and Challenges of Historic Global Energy Transitions
- Database Provides Millions of 3D Protein Structures by Artificial Intelligence. Deep-Learning Methods Can Design Proteins with Prespecified Functional Sites