The present review describes the role of different energy regimes throughout human history, as well as their corresponding environmental impacts. The appearance of Homo sapiens and the development of primitive human civilizations can be narrated by different energy regimes throughout the centuries. Getting the energy that humans needed for their needs affected directly the environment in many different ways. Some energy uses have a greater impact than others.
- Oxygen as a Trigger for the Evolutionary Innovations of Life on Earth. A widely evolutionary theory, 540 million years ago, leading to Cambrian explosion
- Electric Vehicle’s Batteries: Emerging Trends in Sustainability and Recycling. Substantial technological problems confronting researchers
- Global Forests Can Attenuate Earth’s Climate Change. A critical role in balancing global warming through carbon sequestration
- Water-Energy-Food Nexus. Can we safeguard critical interwoven resources for human civilization’s survival in the 21st century?
- Agricultural Production, Food Loss and Waste. Can global waste of 1.3 billion tonnes of edible food production be reduced substantially?