The present review describes the role of different energy regimes throughout human history, as well as their corresponding environmental impacts. The appearance of Homo sapiens and the development of primitive human civilizations can be narrated by different energy regimes throughout the centuries. Getting the energy that humans needed for their needs affected directly the environment in many different ways. Some energy uses have a greater impact than others.
- Plastic Waste Biodegradation. Bio-recycling by microbial enzymes can be a potential solution to plastic waste management
- Can Air Pollution Cause Lung Cancer, not by mutating DNA but by creating an inflamed environment?
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Applications. The most important technology we ever develop and we must ensure it is safe and beneficial to human civilization
- Are ‘Healthy’ Claims on Food Labeling Correct with Current Nutrition Science? The US FDA to redefine the term ‘healthy’ food
- Ribosome, Key Ingredient for the Origin of Life. From prebiotic chemistry to ribosome complex that translates DNA information into protein synthesis