The present review describes the role of different energy regimes throughout human history, as well as their corresponding environmental impacts. The appearance of Homo sapiens and the development of primitive human civilizations can be narrated by different energy regimes throughout the centuries. Getting the energy that humans needed for their needs affected directly the environment in many different ways. Some energy uses have a greater impact than others.
- Tertiary Education: High Demand for Expanded Access by World’s Youth Population. Challenges to globalization and and massification of higher education worldwide
- Recent Developments in Plastic Waste Recycling. Plastic recycling still remains a challenging area in the waste management sector
- Can Higher Education Respond to the Challenges of the Latest Industrial Revolutions. Shaping future technologies as testbeds of innovation and for educating and upskilling future generations
- Marine Species for Biomonitoring and Toxicity Tests of microplastics and nanoplastics in the marine environment
- Global Warming and Climate Change. Fossil fuels and anthropogenic activities have warmed the Earth’s atmosphere, oceans, and land